It's the Great Pumpkin Muffin, Charlie Brown

Recipe #1--Skinny Pumpkin Muffins

These are the ingredients. I forgot to put the milk in the pic, so just use your imagination, boys and girls.

My trusty Kitchenaide! OH, how I love the jadite color of this mixer. I have neglected you my mixer, and with the holidays coming, I thought you needed a test drive.




The muffin shots!


And now for the recipe...

Skinny Pumpkin Muffins

by Dorie Greenspan

published: 09/05/2010 in Parade Magazine

Their fragrant aroma celebrates autumn's arrival.

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 tsp baking powder

3/4 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp salt

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 large eggs

3/4 cup pumpkin puree

1/4 cup milk

Sunflower seeds, optional

1. Whisk the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt. Set aside. Fit a regular muffin pan with liners. Preheat oven to 400ºF.

2. Beat the butter until creamy, then beat in the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Gently fold in the pumpkin puree and the milk. Add the flour mixture and blend into batter.

3. Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Bake until muffins are puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Serves 12. Per muffin: 200 calories, 27g carbs, 4g protein, 55mg cholesterol, 1g fiber, and 9g fat.


The Results:

Honestly, I wanted to start with this recipe because I thought it would be my least favorite. I mean, seriously, it has skinny in the title. And it lived up to its name--it was dense, and not too sweet. It seemed to need more pumpkin flavor and more sugar. I don't think this will win, but it was worth a try, although, my waist may win since these are skinny muffins.

Comments

Popular Posts