Having a big crowd over? Make this Chili Dip!

This recipe came from my friend Lisa.  I think there was a Crock pot Challenge at her work, and this was one of the recipes that was shared.  It is pretty tasty.  I think it has everything in it except the kitchen sink.  I made it for my posse at work, and they all gave it the thumbs up. 



Chili Dip

This is a variation of Ro-tel Cheese dip, but using canned tamales, and much more.   This makes a ton, so invite over a crowd when making this.

Ingredients:
1 can beef tamales (wrappers removed) mashed with a fork
1 can chili (without beans)
1 can “chili hot” beans
1 can Ro-tel brand diced tomatoes & chilies
1 lb. Velveeta cheese (cut into chunks)
1 large purple onion diced (really, any onion will do)
1 or 2 fresh tomatoes chopped (optional – use them if you have them)
Spice to taste – any combination of the following will do:
Fresh diced chili or hot pepper
Cilantro (dried or fresh minced)
Cumin
Hot pepper sauce (Louisiana Hot Sauce, Tabasco, etc)
Ground black pepper

Preparation:
Mix all ingredients together in a crock pot and heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. I add a small amount of spices before heating and then add more to taste. (I prefer it spicy.) Serve with tortilla chips. P.S. This make A LOT of dip – make it when you are expecting a crowd.

Comments

Popular Posts