Sweet Potato Casserole
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour, 25 minutes
Total Time 1 hour, 45 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Made with mashed roasted sweet potatoes and a crunchy pecan topping with an ooey gooey melted marshmallow center!
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
For the topping
- 1 1/4 cup cornflakes cereal, crushed (I used Frosted Flakes)
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place potatoes onto prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool before peeling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9-inch pie plate or coat with nonstick spray.
- To make the topping, combine cornflakes, pecans and brown sugar. Stir in butter until well combined; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sweet potatoes, butter, sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla and salt on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cornflakes mixture around the outside of the dish, leaving room in the center.
- Place into oven and bake until the topping is golden, about 20 minutes. Add marshmallows to the middle and bake until lightly golden on top, an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately. (adapted from Some Kitchen Stories)