Big Surprise--Mexican for Dinner!

My friends at work are going to give me a hard time because it seems like I can't go a day without Mexican food. I can't--it's true. I came out of the womb wanting a taco, so there, I said it. Don't judge me! Just go with the Mexican flow and enjoy the following dishes because they are delish!





It seems like ages since I have made enchiladas. My recipe is pretty simple--sharp cheddar cheese, Monterrey jack cheese, cooked chicken, sautéd onions, corn tortillas and canned enchilada sauce. I am not particular about my enchilada sauce. For cheesy chicken enchiladas, I like a red sauce, but any variety will do--usually it is Old El Paso. I don't even jazz it up. I mean who has that kind of time after work??? Roll ‘em up and bake them until the cheese melts.

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
32 oz. can Old El Paso Red Mild Enchilada Sauce
Corn Tortillas
Onions, sautéd

Preparation:
Heat some of the sauce in a skillet on low. Dip tortillas into pan to soften them. Place some of each cheese, chicken, and onions on tortilla. Roll up and place in baking dish.  Once all enchiladas are rolled, cover with remaining sauce and top with shredded cheddar. Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.


The rice is my new favorite. It is in my top rice recipes and so easy to make. I found it on the Life as a Lofthouse blog. I have made a gazillion mexican rice recipes, and I am never satisfied with them. But this one!  WOW. It was awesome.

Mexican Rice

Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked rice
2 cups chicken broth
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 cup salsa (I used fire roasted salsa because it was the only salsa I had on hand, but any salsa will do.)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients into a medium pan. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes. Remove lid, fluff with a fork.  Yay! Really awesome rice. Really EASY awesome rice!

Comments

Popular Posts