Amazing Crockpot Roast and Gravy


Okay, the picture isn't too pretty, but this was the best crockpot roast and gravy I have ever made. I would have taken a pic of it on Fiesta had I not been salivating, but I didn't. You will have to settle for the Glad container for the leftovers. 

The recipe:
1 Chuck Roast
1 packet McCormack's Au Jus
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Steak Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4-6 cups water, enough to cover the roast, mine filled about three-fourths of the crockpot.

For the gravy, I strained the juices and brought them to a boil in a sauce pan. I added a mixture of 3 tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in cold water to the boiling broth and stirred continuously until thick. I served it with mashed potatoes and egg noodles. Yes, I like both sometimes. I am a carbaholic, and I will admit it.

Comments

Popular Posts