Good Stuff, Maynard

I have been looking for a fantastic green chile and chicken enchilada recipe for some time. I have found other ones in the past, but they didn't make the cut.  That is until today.  These enchiladas are so tasty, you will have a hard time not going back for seconds or thirds!




Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

3 Tablespoons honey
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
10 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
16 ounces Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
2 cans (10 oz each) green enchilada sauce (I prefer the Las Palmas brand)
1/4 cup heavy cream

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder together and then mix with the shredded chicken. Let marinate for 30 minutes.

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour a little bit of the green enchilada sauce on the bottom of each pan. Take one tortilla and fill with chicken and a few tablespoons of cheese. (Make sure to save at least 1-1/2 cups cheese to sprinkle over top of enchiladas)  Roll up tortillas and place in prepared pan. Repeat with all tortillas, chicken and cheese.

Mix together the remaining enchilada sauce and cream. Pour sauce over the tops of enchiladas (depending on how saucy you like your enchiladas, you may not need to use all of the sauce. Eyeball it)  Sprinkle the reserved cheese evenly over the tops.

Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole or any toppings you love. Enjoy!

I saw this recipe on Life as Lofthouse, but it was an adaptation of a recipe from The Sisters Café.  

Comments

Sound delicious! I'm going to have to put this on my to make list! Thanks for sharing!
Unknown said…
You read my mind today--I was about to email my mom for her chicken enchilada recipe when I saw this email!

This single mom will be making this dish tonight--and it won't be Fiesta, but it won't be on paper plates either!
Cindy Sheppard said…
I have been craving some green chile chicken enchiladas for WEEKS and thought I might just experiment with my own creation, but this looks FABULOUS. I plan to try it this weekend. Can't wait, dude!

Popular Posts