Salsa for Hyacinth!



Cantina Laredo Inspired Warm Fire Roasted Salsa

Ingredients:
2 (15 oz.) cans of diced fire roasted tomatoes (I like Muir Glen)
1 jalapeno (remove seeds if you like a milder salsa)
3 green onions, including green tops (I just trim both ends of each onion and rinse them)
2 small cloves of garlic, chopped
½ cup of cilantro, I usually just break off a handful of cilantro leaves
½ lime, juice only
¼ tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. oregano
¼ tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 to ¼ tsp. black pepper, depending on taste

Preparation:
Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour contents into sauce pan and warm. This makes a delightful warm salsa that is excellent with tortilla chips. Cantina Laredo, my favorite Mexican restaurant in Oklahoma City, serves a salsa similar to this one. I like to have both a warm salsa and a cold salsa.

Comments

Popular Posts