Happy Valentine's Day, Love Bug

It is a snowy day outside, but inside it is full of love and dishes! This table has Post-86 Rose and Scarlet Fiesta, plus Homer Laughlin Swing China. Love the swing lines and shapes. The handle on the casserole is a shell shape...be still my heart! Why don't they make dishes like this anymore? Where has the artistry gone?


The place mats were a Christmas gift. Love the ivory damask.


The napkins are from Pier 1--on sale of course. Do I pay full price??? Not if I can help it.


Ah, a peek at the casserole. More to come of this little beauty.


Nothing says Fiesta to me like this vase. It is one of Homer Laughlin China's most classic shapes.


Some whimsy in the form of a Valentine's bear.


Hello, Mickey and Minnie. Sweet.


I can't get enough of these bulb candle holders. I like the white taper candles because they go with everything. 



The place settings. I think cupid will reward whomever dines at this table.


Classic Valentine's colors--ivory, rose, and scarlet.


The whole table puts me in the mood for spring. Goodbye winter!


Oh my goodness, the HANDLE!!!!!!!  Couldn't you just eat it up with a spoon?


The flatware came from Tuesday Morning. It was from Summer 2013, their picnic set.



Even the small bowls have the shell handles. I am using them as small serving bowls.





Three photographs of the casserole. The feet and handles are so sculptural. Amazing!



The pink flowers came from a local craft store. I love real flowers, but budget dictates I have to use artificial every now and then. The good news is that florals are so realistic looking these days.


Such awesome variation in hues in the flowers. 


I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day! XXOO

I am sharing over at Between Naps on the Porch.


Comments

Chandy said…
That's such a beautiful setting and those pieces are just
awesome! I'm new to your blog and glad I stopped by! I have those same glasses and I used them on my 2009 V-day tablescape!
Cathy said…
I agree that they don't make dishes like they use too. I have a lot of Fiesta but no vases, so I am jealous and expecially like the color it really goes well for your Valentine table.

Cathy's Cupboard Calamity<;)
Beautiful Valentine table! You're right, that casserole is amazing!! Love everything about it!
Rosie M. said…
I love your table. The dishes are amazing, colorful and crafted beautifully. Your colors blend so well and you've created a welcoming, happy space. I hope your Valentine's Day was a good one. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch
Unknown said…
So happy I stumbled upon your blog looking for a recipe.... we must be related. I use Fiesta, depression, Riveria and any other old pottery to do my dining table and my kitchen hutch for all the holidays. Can't wait to see more and share mine with you.
Thanks

Popular Posts