A Toast to Tomatoes


This dinner was light, fresh and healthy. It started with Tomato Soup.  The soup was from Jenny Steffens Hobick's blog, and you can see it here.  I hope you stay around her blog and check her out.  She lived in Fairway, KS at one time, and her blog has quickly become one of my favorites.

I picked the basil from my little garden of herbs.  Okay, it is really just three potted plants:  Thyme, Basil, and Tomatoes.  So, I suppose it is a Garden-ette!

Along with the soup, I made Parmesan Crisps and Grilled Zucchini. The freshness of this dinner was over the top, and I loved it for a summer evening.

How to make Parmesan Crisps (recipe courtesy of Hyacinth--hey favorite auntie!):
Take fresh Parmesan and sprinkle it into 2 inch circles in a non-stick pan.  Toast each side until brown.  

How to make Grilled Zucchini:
To make zucchini, I used my panini pan.  I sprayed with non-stick spray.  Then, I sliced the zucchini to quarter inch thickness.  Brushed each side with olive oil and placed in the pan until these lovely little grill marks appeared.  Don't you just love grill marks.  It makes me happy.  

Comments

Popular Posts