I was looking for a new way to cook chicken since I got a great buy on chicken tenders. This recipe probably would have been better with freshly cooked tortilla chips--restaurant style. I used generic chips from a bag. I would like to experiment with this recipe. The side dish was awesome. I roasted some vegetables that were seasoned with taco seasoning. Very good!
Tortilla Crusted Chicken Tenders
1 pound chicken breast tenders
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 large eggs
2 garlic cloves, pressed
Vegetable cooking spray
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Stir together 1/3 cup flour and next 3 ingredients.
3. Whisk eggs just until foamy, and stir in pressed garlic.
4. Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
5. Dredge chicken tenders in flour mixture, shaking off excess; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in crushed tortilla chips. Lightly coat chicken on each side with cooking spray; arrange chicken on wire rack.6. Bake at 425° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and done, turning once after 12 minutes.