31 Days in the Kitchen--Day 14

Spaghetti

When I make spaghetti sauce, I rarely make it from scratch. I usually take a jar of prepared sauce and doctor it up.

For this recipe, I took one jar of sauce--Ragu is what I had on hand, but I usually buy the sale brand, even if it is the store brand. I add 1 clove minced garlic, 2 cups of sliced mushrooms, 1 cup of Original Ro-tel, and about 1/2 a cup of tomato sauce, and 1/2 cup diced tomatoes. I often have frozen leftover Ro-tel, tomato sauce, or tomatoes because I usually only use a partial can for whatever recipe I am making. I will say that I could use Ro-tel in every dish I make and be perfectly happy. I like it spicy people, don't hate me!

I mixed the cooked spaghetti into the sauce to thoroughly coat all of the noodles. Then, I top with grated Parmesan cheese.




Comments

Popular Posts