31 Days in the Kitchen--Day 21

What to do with all those end of the season tomatoes!

My favorite thing in the summer is homegrown tomatoes. I have such good memories of my grandparents and their garden. I remember my Papa would bring in the fresh vegetables, and my Granny would then start whipping up some absolutely delicious recipe, usually from memory--you know, a little of this and a little of that. Tomatoes, okra, green beans, cucumbers, onions, peppers and black-eyed peas were staples in the summer, for both cooking and canning. But tomatoes were my favorite, right out of the garden with a little salt and pepper.

This summer a co-worker brought me some tomatoes from his farm. After devouring many of them, I looked online and found a recipe that is going to become a staple for me. Click the link below for the recipe.


This recipe was surprisingly delicious and oh so easy. Try it next time you have a surplus of tomatoes that you need to use before they go bad.

Comments

Popular Posts