31 Days in the Kitchen--Day 29



Okay, yesterday I completely forgot to post. Today, I am posting twice to make up for it because I will have 31 posts by the end of October. The finish line is in sight.


Cornbread

Ingredients:

1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup Quaker enriched corn meal

1/4 cup sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)

1 cup skim milk

1/4 cup vegetable oil

2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten


Preparation:

Heat oven to 400 F. Grease 8 or 9 inch pan. Combine dry ingredients. Stir in milk, oil and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.

The above recipe was from the back of the cornmeal container. I altered it slightly by adding a little more sugar because I like a sweeter cornbread, and I cooked it in a cast iron skillet.

Comments

Popular Posts